We wish all our people of the St Mark’s community, and those visiting a merry Christmas. Whatever your circumstance may you know God’s presence, peace and joy at this festive season.
Does God really care about us? The birth of Jesus certainly shows that he does. One of the names Jesus is given is Immanuel – God with us – and can God get any closer to us than by the Son of God taking on our flesh?
God walks the walk with humanity when he becomes a baby, journeys to adulthood and then offers himself as a sacrifice for humanity’s sin. Jesus as the light of the world reveals what God is like – he said those who have seen me have seen the Father.
And Jesus as the light of the world reveals the way we are to live. The night before he was crucified, he washed his disciples feet saying if I am your Lord and wash your feet then you must wash one another’s feet. We are to live lives of love and service like Jesus, God with us.
That is how we may experience peace, joy and God’s presence – by doing those acts of love towards others, the way he has loved us and the way we would also like to be loved by others. It is not always easy but as we pray and trust him he gives us his Spirit and grace. As we ‘give our lives away’ we get them back as better followers of Jesus. A merry Christmas, all year round.
Loving greetings in Christ, Peter Woods (Locum Minister)
Alone at Christmas?
If you would like to join someone’s Christmas gathering or like to offer to have someone join you at one of your Christmas gatherings, please contact me or Kevin in the pastoral care team.
Rev. Peter Woods
Parish Contact Details
|Monitored contact points||0493 280 691|
|Parish Web Addressst||stmarksdromana.org.au|
|Pastoral Care Coordinators||Kevin and Anne Cranwell (0438 234 457 Kevin)|
|10.30am||Family Worship with Children’s Ministry.|
|(Holy Communion – 1st Sundays)|
|5.00pm||Healing Service – 1st Sundays. (Not in January)|
|(5th Sundays)||10.00am||Combined Service.|
Christmas Service Times (Bring someone with you)
|24th December||10.00pm||Christmas Eve, Holy Communion|
|25th December||9.00am||Christmas Day, Holy Communion|
January evening meal get-togethers at parishioners’ homes
A sign-up sheet will be available on the notice board for those who would like to host a casual evening meal get-together during the Sunday evenings of January.
It will be a BYO food and drink to share arrangement.
Grace will be said around 6.30pm.
A Christmas Message from Alex Packett
Pam and I wish you all the blessings that Jesus brings as he breaks into our lives.
Love, prayers, and blessings from us both. Alex and Pam
The Alpha Course
Starting Tuesday 7th February 2023 at 6.00pm at Carol Copp’s home in Mount Martha.
Meal. Conversation. Video.
For more details, contact:
|Carol Copp||0411 405 597|
|Ian and Keryn Rivett||0417 597 241|
|Steve Parkinson||0437 984 679|
Readings for this week from the Lectionary
|Monday 26th||2 Chronicles 24:17-22||Ps 31:1-8||Acts 6:8-10; 7:54-60|
|Tuesday 27th||Proverbs 8:22-31||Ps 97||1 John 1:1-5|
|Wednesday 28th||Jeremiah 31:15-20||Ps124||1 John 1:5-22|
|Thursday 29th||1 John 2:3-11||Ps 96:1-6||Luke 2:22-35|
|Friday 30th||1 John 2:12-17||Ps 96:7-9||Luke 2:36-40|
|Saturday 31st||1 John 2:18-21||Ps 96:10-13||John 1:1-18|
|Sunday 1st||The Naming and Circumcision of Jesus|
|Numbers 6:22-27||Ps 8||Galatians 4:4-7|
|The Epiphany of Our Lord|
|Isaiah 60:1-6||Ps 72: 1-7, 10-14|
|Ephesians 3:1-12||Matthew 2:1-12|
This Week’s Prayer Focus
In our country and the world:
- For an end to the war in Ukraine and unrest in places all around the
- For aid agencies such as “Save the Children” which work in places of dire
In our community:
- For teachers and students to have a safe, relaxing and regenerative break from
- For doctors, nurses, paramedics, the Coast Guard, CFA and SES members especially as the weather warms up and people move around a lot more.
- For local community outreach groups such as the Dromana Community House and “Food for All”.
In our Diocese and beyond:
- For the ministry of Bishop Paul Barker in the Jumbunna Region and Archdeacon Helen Phillips in the Frankston Archdeaconry.
- For Archbishop Geoffrey Smith’s ministry as Primate of
- For Archbishop Philip Freier’s ministry in the Diocese of
- In our Deanery, we pray for the Parish of Holy Trinity Hastings and their vicar Tim
- For the work of the Church Missionary Society and Wei-Han the Victorian
- For Christian churches around the world to be free to worship and be witnesses of the love of God as shown through the coming of His Son.
In our Parish:
- For our leadership and ministry teams, especially the incumbency
- For Peter Woods as he leads us as locum, and for Jeanette as she supports
- For the finances of our
- For our Parish, its members and those we reach out to every
- For: Louise Frost; Tony & Heather Such; Robyn Rigby; Jenny & Arnold Sikma; Backy Cowie; Lorna Liddell; Bill Myers; Barb Higgs; Ellen Brindley; Keith & Edna South; Noel Meates; Bianca Wilson; Joe and Betty Madeley; Mon English; Carol Copp; Keryn & Ian Rivett; Adam Maddicks; Kate McGuiness; Beth Harper; Ben Schneider; Rachel and Karl Hiehler; Malcolm Bird; Jan Glass.