As announced over the Christmas Services, we, the Incumbency Committee, have received a letter from Dr Philip Freier, Archbishop of Melbourne, advising us that the Reverend Janice O’Gorman has accepted the appointment as Incumbent of St Mark’s, Dromana, and that Bishop Paul Barker will commission her on Wednesday 15th March at 7.30 pm.
Janice is committed to Jesus Christ in all areas of her life. This commitment has shaped her career and lifestyle leading her to be ordained Deacon in February 2004 and Priest in November the same year. Prior to this she trained as a Registered Nurse and Midwife with particular expertise in Oncology, Palliative Care and Neonatal Intensive Care.
Janice studied theology at Ridley College where she became Music Ministry coordinator in 2001 and was awarded Music and Preaching prizes in the same year. In her curacy she developed ministry to the marginalized, healing services and contemporary evening services with openness to those who were “unchurched” across all ages.
Theologically, Janice is an Evangelical but was raised and has worked in Anglo-Catholic churches and has an appreciation for tradition and good liturgy. She has spent many years involved in the charismatic and healing ministries and appreciates contemporary worship and moving with the Holy Spirit.
We wholeheartedly commend Janice to the Parish of St Mark’s and believe she will be an excellent Incumbent to lead us forward into the next stage of our development as God’s people here in Dromana.
John Rogers, Heather Such, Ian Rivett
Another year has passed – thanks be to God! 2023 opens before us in which our Lord’s steadfast love extends to the heavens and his faithfulness to the clouds (Psalm 36:5). Let us all commit ourselves anew to Jesus our Lord, trusting him for what lies ahead. May the fruit and gifts of the Spirit in our community bring a harvest, to his glory.
God bless you all, Peter and Jeanette Woods
Parish Contact Details
|Monitored contact points||0493 280 691|
|Parish Web Addressst||stmarksdromana.org.au|
|Pastoral Care Coordinators||Kevin and Anne Cranwell (0438 234 457 Kevin)|
|10.30am||Family Worship with Children’s Ministry.|
|(Holy Communion – 1st Sundays)|
|5.00pm||Healing Service – 1st Sundays. (Not in January)|
|(5th Sundays)||10.00am||Combined Service.|
Restart Dates For Church Activities
|Tuesday Zoom Study:||TBA, possibly 31st January|
|Wednesday Study:||1st February|
|Wednesday Craft:||1st February|
|Thursday Women’s Study:||2nd February|
|Thursday Men’s Coffee:||2nd February|
|Friday Zoom Prayer:||TBA, possibly 3rd February|
|Pilates Mat Class:||TBA|
January evening meal get-togethers at parishioners’ homes
A sign-up sheet will be available on the notice board for those who would like to host a casual evening meal get-together during the Sunday evenings of January.
It will be a BYO food and drink to share arrangement.
Grace will be said around 6.30pm.
Concert at St Mark’s
Chamber Philharmonia Cologne
Saturday 21st January 7.00pm
To purchase tickets:
- Purchase online: book here https://book.bookeasy.com/chamber-philharmonia- cologne/events/62493
- Purchase via phone: 03 5950 1579
- Purchase in person: Mornington Peninsula Visitor Information Centre, 359B Point Nepean Road, Dromana. Open 10am to
- Purchase at the door: Tickets can be purchased at the door if available but the tickets are popular.
Once purchased, tickets can be either mailed to you, collected from the Mornington Peninsula Visitor Information Centre or collected at the door on the evening of the event. The cut-off date for mailing to you is Friday 13th January
The Alpha Course
Starting Tuesday 7th February 2023 at 6.00pm at Carol Copp’s home in Mount Martha.
Meal. Conversation. Video.
For more details, contact:
|Carol Copp||0411 405 597|
|Ian and Keryn Rivett||0417 597 241|
|Steve Parkinson||0437 984 679|
Readings for this week from the Lectionary
|Monday 2nd||1 John 2:22-28||Ps 98:1-7||John1:19-28|
|Tuesday 3rd||1 John 2:29-3:6||Ps 98:8-10||John 1:29-34|
|Wednesday 4th||1 John 3:7-10||Ps 98:1-7||John 1:35-42|
|Thursday 5th||1 John 3:11-12||Ps 100||John 1:43-51|
|Friday 6th||1 John 5:5-13||Ps 147:12-20||Luke 5:12-16|
|Saturday 7th||1 John 3:22-4:6||Ps 2:6-11||Matthew 4:17-25|
|Sunday 8th||Isaiah 42:1-9||Ps 29||Acts 10:34-43|
CMS Summer Under the Sun Conference “The Road Less Travelled”
19-21 January 2023
Information and booking at https://www.summerundertheson.org
This Week’s Prayer Focus
In our country and the world:
- For an end to the war in Ukraine and unrest in places all around the
- For aid agencies such as “Save the Children” which work in places of dire
In our community:
- For teachers and students to have a safe, relaxing and regenerative break from
- For doctors, nurses, paramedics, the Coast Guard, CFA and SES members especially as the weather warms up and people move around a lot more.
- For local community outreach groups such as the Dromana Community House and “Food for All”.
In our Diocese and beyond:
- For the ministry of Bishop Paul Barker in the Jumbunna Region and Archdeacon Helen Phillips in the Frankston Archdeaconry.
- For Archbishop Geoffrey Smith’s ministry as Primate of
- For Archbishop Philip Freier’s ministry in the Diocese of
- In our Deanery, we pray for the Parish of St Peter’s Mornington with St Martin’s Mt Martha and their vicar, Helen Phillips, Assistant Priest, John Phillips and Children and Families Minister, Liz Rankin.
- For the work of the Church Missionary Society and Wei-Han the Victorian
- For Christian churches around the world to be free to worship and be witnesses of the love of God as shown through the coming of His Son.
In our Parish:
- For our leadership and ministry teams, especially giving thanks for the hard work of the incumbency committee.
- For Peter Woods as he leads us as locum, and for Jeanette as she supports
- For Rev Janice O’Gorman as she prepares to leave her current parish and come to St Mark’s as our incumbent.
- For the finances of our
- For our Parish, its members and those we reach out to every
- As we start a new year, we will renew our list for urgent prayers for our church members. As we resume the Pew Sheet at the end of January, please contact Joy for inclusion on the urgent prayer list.