What’s your relationship with God like? Do you see the Father standing back, watching his children with a mix of pride and tiredness, perhaps a little weary of having to discipline them, or even a little ‘over it’ and only pretending his interest. Do you feel you’re always under his gaze in some way and fear his discipline as you go about life, not checking in much in case he growls at you? Do you feel that most of the time he’s watching from the sidelines and won’t engage in our lives unless he has to? This mildly disinterested god who only really engages with us when we plead with him or when we displease him is not the Father Jesus describes in John 14. No. If this is how you have been seeing the Lord then it’s time to look again. Read again Jesus’ words – “..those who love me will be loved by my Father, and I will love them and reveal myself to them.” (John 14:21). Paul’s words – “ ..indeed he is not far from each one of us. For ’In him we live and move and have our being’.’ (Acts 17:27-28) and Peter’s words in 1 Peter 3 reminding us that Jesus must be ’in our hearts’ (v15), that he ’suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, in order to bring you to God’ (v18). Our God is not distant but near, not cold and unloving but so loving that he was willing to give his Son for us, so desirous of being in relationship with you and I that he entered our world and suffered for and with us to make that possible so we could be ‘in him’. Never separated again. Our God is present within us through Holy Spirit. If you struggle with this, let me encourage you. Our God wants a true, close relationship with you like He had with Peter and Paul, and demonstrated fully in Jesus. The way to that closeness is through building our faith by prayer, bible study, and worship, and sometimes through inner healing so that the pain we have inside can be healed and you are free to feel again. Sound good? Join a bible study, prayer or home group, or perhaps chat to me about receiving prayer ministry or about how else I can help.
|MONDAY:||Study Group, “Truth and Freedom”|
|St Mark’s, 7.00pm|
|Contact Kevin or Anne (0438 234 857)|
|TUESDAY:||“Zoom” Study Group, 7.00pm,|
|Contact Graeme (0490 664 843)|
|WEDNESDAY:||Holy Communion, 10.00am|
|Study Group, St Mark’s,11.00am,|
|Contact Keith (0419 551 082)|
|Craft Group, St Mark’s, 12.30pm,|
|Contact Robyn (0409 425 044)|
|THURSDAY:||Women’s Bible Study, St Mark’s, 9.30am|
|Contact Fay (0401 404 280)|
|Men’s Coffee & Chat, Blackthorn Café,|
|10.00am Contact Steve (0437 984 679)|
|FRIDAY:||JANICE’S DAY OFF|
|“Zoom” Prayer Meeting, 1.30pm|
|Contact John R (0421 425 156)|
|10.30am||Family Worship with Children’s Ministry.|
|(Holy Communion – 1st Sundays)|
|5.00pm||Healing Service – 1st Sundays.|
|(5th Sundays)||10.00am||Combined Service.|
|WEDNESDAY:||10.00am||Holy Communion Service.|
Parish Contact Details
|Monitored contact points||0493 280 691|
|Parish Web Addresses||www.stmarksdromana.org.au|
|Pastoral Care Coordinators||Kevin and Anne Cranwell (0438 234 457 Kevin)|
Happy Mother’s Day to all our Mothers and much love to those for whom this day isn’t easy.
Worship Music Donation
We are delighted to announce that our prayers have been answered and the target amount of $150 has been received, allowing us to purchase the Personal Monitor Speaker which will elevate the quality of our worship music.
We would like to record our grateful thanks for the generous donations.
From Parish Council
Acknowledging the increasing importance of technology to facilitate worship and mission in today’s world, the Parish Council has initiated a review of St Mark’s computer and audio-visual set-up. A task group has met and is recommending an update in two stages. A detailed proposal was presented to Council, and an inspection of a working system is planned. Questions? Feel free to speak with Janice, or a Warden.
Combined Service / Pentecost Sunday
We will be having a combined service on Sunday 28th May at 10am for Pentecost Sunday. Please bring a plate to share for lunch after the service.
Save the date….
Men’s breakfast 20th May 8:30am – 10:00 am at the church. Enjoy an egg & bacon roll while getting to know each other. Cost $5. Can you speak for five minutes about your hobbies?
RSVP Steve 0437 984 679, with dietary requirements if applicable.
Special Services 2023
|18-Jun-23||Evensong – All Saints, Rosebud|
|20-Aug-23||Evensong – St Mark’s, Balnarring|
|22-Oct-23||Evensong – St Mark’s, Dromana|
|3-Dec-23||St John’s, Sorrento – Lessons & Carols for Advent|
|17-Dec-23||St Mark’s, Dromana – Lessons & Carols for Christmas|
This Week’s Prayer Focus
In our country and the world:
- For those facing hardship and anguish amid rising costs.
- For families affected by violence.
- For those affected by natural disasters in around the world.
- For King Charles III, the UK and the Commonwealth.
- For peace and unity in countries around the World.
- For aid agencies such as “Save the Children”, Oxfam, CARE, UNICEF, World Vision.
In our community:
- For teachers and students.
- For doctors, nurses, paramedics, Coast Guard, the CFA & SES.
- For local community outreach groups such as the Dromana Community House and “Food for All”.
In our Diocese and beyond:
- For Archbishop Geoffrey Smith’s ministry as Primate of Australia
- For Archbishop Philip Freier’s ministry n the Diocese of Melbourne
- For the ministry of Bishop Paul Barker in the Jumbunna Region and for Archdeacon Helen Phillips in the Frankston Archdeaconry as she recovers from surgery, and for John as he supports Helen.
- In our Deanery, we pray for the Parish of Mornington & Mount Martha Church, their Vicar Ven. Helen Phillips, Assistant Priest Rev’d. John Phillips, and children and families minister Rev’d. Liz Rankin.
- For the work of the Church Missionary Society and Wei-Han the Victorian Director.
- For Anna Radkovic our CMS Link Missionary as she spends time learning language and culture in Kenya while exploring long-term opportunities in discipleship ministry and conservation.
- For Christian churches around the world to be free to worship and be witnesses of the love of God as shown through the coming of His Son.
In our Parish:
- For our leadership and ministry teams.
- For Rev’d Janice O’Gorman our Vicar.
- For the finances of our Parish.
- For our Parish, its people and those we reach out to every week.
- For: Madeley family, Harper Family.