This Sunday we are doing three things:
- looking at what ‘equipping the saints for the work of the ministry’ may mean. (Ephesians 4:7-15)
- distributing a list of services/ministries/tasks for our people to pray about and commit to over the coming year.
- distributing a commitment form for your financial giving to the ministry of St Mark’s for over the coming year.
As I wrote a few weeks ago, you may have done any number of service ministries over the years, and I thank you and praise God for that. This is all part of what stewardship means – using our energies, time and skills/gifts to serve God and others, in and out
of church, knowing that we will give account to him. It also means being wise and generous stewards with what wealth God has given us. The more finances released, the more opportunities to bless others and to give glory to God.
As I finish my locum ministry with you this Sunday, Jeanette and I would like to thank you for your warm and loving response to our service here among you since mid-June. We feel very much part of the wider family and team here at St Mark’s. Please be assured of our prayers as you go forward under Christ’s lordship as a community and with the new Incumbent, Janice O’Gorman, as your pastor. It is a privilege to lead a church community, and I’m sure you will give her every support so that the ministry flourishes. Loving greetings in Christ,
Peter Woods Locum Minister
Farewell to Rev Peter Woods and Jeanette
Rev. Peter Woods finishes his locum ministry with us today. We farewell him and Jeanette. We wish them all the best in their move to a new home and thank them immensely for their ministry amongst us.
From Wed 22nd February, we welcome Rev. Ian Oates (and Fiona his wife) as our Locum Minister until Rev Janice’s induction.
Dates for your diaries:
|Wednesday 22nd February||10.0am and 7.00pm||Ash Wednesday Communion services|
|Monday 6th March||Working bees at the church to get everything in tip-top shape before Rev Janice’s arrival. Contact Graeme for details and to offer your generous help. (0490 664 843)|
|Monday 13th March|
|Wednesday 15th March:||7.30pm||Commissioning Service for Rev. Janice O’Gorman as Vicar of St Mark’s at Dromana Community Hall.|
The Alpha Course
Tuesdays at 6.00pm at Carol Copp’s home in Mount Martha.
Meal. Conversation. Video.
For more details, contact:
|Carol Copp||0411 405 597|
|Ian and Keryn Rivett||0417 597 241|
|Steve Parkinson||0437 984 679|
Would you like to bless the evenings in a practical way by making a slice or cake? There will be a sign-up sheet with dates or contact Carol. Please bring your slice or cake to church the previous Sunday and Carol will take it home ready for Tuesday evening.
General Information for Evensong in 2023
We are thrilled that we can come together for 5 Evensongs this year and especially welcome the parish of All Saints , Rosebud who is participating for the first time. Evensong is a particularly beautiful Anglican evening service. It is a gentle and peaceful way to worship together and we have found that people join us every Evensong for that reason. For some, it is an important link with memories of the past. We hope you all find that same sense of peace as we come together this year.
The next two services will be next Sunday 26th February at 5.p.m. at St John’s , Sorrento and Sunday 23rd April at 5.p.m St Mark’s, Balnarring.
|MONDAY 20TH||Study, “Truth and Freedom”, St Mark’s, 7.00pm|
|Contact Kevin or Anne (0438 234 457)|
|TUESDAY 21ST||“Zoom” Study Group, 7.00pm,|
|Contact Graeme (0490 664 843)|
|Alpha Course, 6.00pm|
|Contact Carol (0411 405 597)|
|WEDNESDAY 22ND||Study Group, St Mark’s,11.00am,|
|Contact Keith (0419 551 082)|
|Craft Group, St Mark’s, 12.30pm,|
|Contact Keryn (0417 597 241)|
|THURSDAY 23RD||Women’s Bible Study, St Mark’s, 9.30am|
|Contact Fay (0401 404 280)|
|“Coffee & Chat” for Men, Blackthorn Café, 10.00am|
|Contact Ian (0423 116 152)|
|FRIDAY 24TH||“Zoom Prayer” Meeting, 1.30pm|
|Contact John R (0421 425 156)|
Parish Contact Details
|Monitored contact points||0493 280 691|
|Parish Web Addresses||www.stmarksdromana.org.au|
|Pastoral Care Coordinators||Kevin and Anne Cranwell (0438 234 457 Kevin)|
|10.30am||Family Worship with Children’s Ministry.|
|(Holy Communion – 1st Sundays)|
|5.00pm||Healing Service – 1st Sundays.|
|(5th Sundays)||10.00am||Combined Service.|
|WEDNESDAY:||10.00am & 7:00pm||Ash Wednesday Holy Communion Service.|
This Week’s Prayer Focus
In our country and the world:
- For the people of Turkey and Syria as they mourn the loss of loved ones, their homes and their way of life following the devastating earthquake.
- For an end to the war in Ukraine and unrest in so many places all around the world, especially for Syria as civil unrest is making it hard to get help to them at this time of dire need.
- For aid agencies such as “Save the Children”, Oxfam, CARE, UNICEF, World Vison.
In our community:
- For teachers and students and all school support staff.
- For doctors, nurses, paramedics, the Coast Guard, CFA and SES members.
- For local community outreach groups such as the Dromana Community House and “Food for All”.
In our Diocese and beyond:
- For the ministry of Bishop Paul Barker in the Jumbunna Region and Archdeacon Helen Phillips in the Frankston Archdeaconry.
- For Archbishop Geoffrey Smith’s ministry as Primate of Australia.
- For Archbishop Philip Freier’s ministry in the Diocese of Melbourne
- In our Deanery, we pray for the Parish of Holy Trinity Hastings and their vicar, Tim Anderson.
- For the work of the Church Missionary Society and Wei-Han the Victorian Director.
- For Christian churches around the world to be free to worship.
In our Parish:
- For our leadership and ministry teams.
- For Peter Woods as he leads us as locum, and for Jeanette as she supports Peter.
- For Rev Janice O’Gorman as she prepares to come to St Mark’s as our incumbrent.
- For the finances of our Parish.
- For our Parish, its members and those we reach out to every week.
- For: Backy Cowie.