Jeanette and I are so glad to be with you again. So much has happened for us – we have prepared our home in Bittern for sale, Jeanette has another titanium knee, we have (mostly) moved into the vicarage in Dromana. Many of you know the physical and emotional energy involved in leaving your home, and we knew that we accumulated a lot of ‘stuff’ after 18 years. For some reason we are a tad tired!!
And the St Mark’s community has not stayed still either. Ministries have continued, you have had two locums, Alex and Phil, the Mark stained glass window has been repaired and replaced (praise God!), the old concrete cross was removed safely, the carpark hedge has had a haircut, and so much more.
We personally feel we are ‘in between’ times. We have not quite left our Bittern home, we are now living temporarily in Dromana, and we are nearing the time we will move to our next home. St Mark’s is between times as well – your previous pastor has left, you have an interim locum minister and you look forward to the appointment of a permanent vicar.
Isn’t there a sense that we are always living between times, and especially so as followers of Jesus? The old has passed away, the new age in Christ has come for us, yet we still live in the here and now, intersecting the two ages. This transition experience is a struggle – the old pulls us back even as the new life in the Spirit bids us on. We live in that reality, but our hearts are full of hope.
Loving greetings in Christ, Peter Woods (Locum Minister)
Study, “The Chosen”, St Mark’s, 7.00pm Contact Kevin or Anne (0438 234 457)
“Zoom” Study Group, 7.00pm, Contact Graeme (0490 664 843)
Study Group, St Mark’s,11.00am, Contact Keith (0419 551 082)
Craft Group, St Mark’s, 12.30pm, Contact Keryn (0417 597 241)
Women’s Bible Study, St Mark’s, 9.30amContact Fay (0401 404 280)
“Coffee & Chat” for Men, Blackthorn Café, 10.00am Contact Ian (0423 116 152)
Pilates Mat Class, St Mark’s, 9.00am Contact Amanda A (0431 188 211) to register
“Zoom Prayer” Meeting, 1.30pm Contact John R (0421 425 156)
Parish Contact Details
Monitored contact points 0493 280 691
Parish Web Address dromanaanglicanchurch.org.au
Facebook page stmarksdromana
Pastoral Care Coordinators Kevin and Anne Cranwell (0438 234 457 Kevin)
This house will be filled with glory.
|10.30am||Family Worship with Children’s Ministry.
(Holy Communion – 1st Sundays)
|5.00pm||Healing Service – 1st Sundays. Tonight|
|(5th Sundays)||10.00am||Combined Service.|
Please check for your name on the list in the narthex. See a member of Parish Council if you are unsure of what is required.
Concert at St Mark’s
Harmony Singers and Peninsula Recorder Ensemble
Sunday 13th November 2.00pm.
Entrance by donation.
Come along for an afternoon of delightful music.
Christmas Fete: Saturday 26th November 10.00am to 1.00pm
It’s time to start thinking about what you could provide for St Mark’s Christmas Fete.
Perhaps you are a jam or pickle maker. Do you have any plants that you could pot up?
There is still time to make some craft items. Dust off your
cookery books and plan some serious cake, biscuit or slice baking. The baked goods stall always sells out
early so it would be great if we had more of these items for sale.
Donated goods are needed to make up the Christmas Hampers for disadvantaged families at Dromana Primary School. Flyers available in the church narthex for an idea of what to donate and also the drop off times. Deadline for donations is Thursday 8th December.
Readings for this week from the Lectionary
|Monday 7th||Titus 1:1-9||Ps 24:1-6||Luke 17:1-6|
|Tuesday 8th||Titus 2:1-14||Ps 37:27-35||Luke 17:7-10|
|Wednesday 9th||Titus 3:1-7||Ps 23||Luke 17:11-19|
|Thursday 10th||Philemon 7-10||Ps 146:5-10||Luke 17:20-25|
|Friday 11th||2 John 4-9||Ps 119:1-8||Luke 17:26-37|
|Saturday 12th||3 John 5-8||Ps 112||Luke 18:1-8|
|Sunday 13th||Isaiah 65:17-25||Song of Isaiah (APBA p.391)|
|2 Thessalonians 3:6-13||Luke 21:5-19|
This Week’s Prayer Focus
In our country and the world:
- For an end to the war in Ukraine and unrest in places all around the
- For Somalia in the grips of a terrible
- For those affected by natural disasters especially Victoria and New South Wales subjected to severe
- For those who have lost loved ones or been injured in the recent tragedies in South Korea and India.
- For aid agencies such as “Save the Children” which work in places of dire
- For the state of Victoria as we prepare for an May all those who are running for a seat behave with integrity and may all voters respect their right to vote and look at candidates with discernment.
In our community:
- For Graeme and Cheryl mentoring students at Eastbourne S.
- For teachers, doctors, nurses, paramedics, the Coast Guard, CFA and SES
- For local community outreach groups such as “Food for All”.
In our Diocese and beyond:
- For the ministry of Bishop Paul Barker in the Jumbunna Region and Archdeacon Helen Phillips in the Frankston For Archbishop Geoffrey Smith’s ministry as Primate of Australia. For Archbishop Philip Freier’s ministry in the Diocese of Melbourne.
- In our Deanery, we pray for the Parish of All Saints Rosebud together with St
Katherine’s McCrae and their vicar Lynda Crossley
- For the work of CBM as they reach disabled people in impoverished places around the
- For the work of the Church Missionary Society and Wei-Han the Vic
- For the ministry of MAF as it serves the church and its mission around the
In our Parish:
- For our leadership and ministry teams, especially the incumbency
- For Peter Woods as he returns to us as locum at St Mark’s, and for Jeanette as she supports
- For the finances of our
- For all the preparations that are necessary to make our Christmas Fete a
- For our Parish, its members and those we reach out to every
- For: Louise Frost; Tony & Heather Such; Robyn Rigby; Jenny & Arnold Sikma; Backy Cowie; Lorna Liddell; Bill Myers; Barb Higgs; Ellen Brindley; Keith & Edna South; Noel Meates; Bianca Wilson; Joe and Betty Madeley; Mon English; Carol Copp; Keryn & Ian Rivett; Adam Maddicks; Kate McGuiness; Beth Harper; Ben Schneider; Jenny Web; Rachel and Karl Hiehler; Malcolm Bird; Graeme King; Pat Moore; Jeanette Woods; Jan
Contact for pew sheet: Joy Clayton (0412 739 137 or email@example.com).